© All rights reserved -
Designed By G.Bett
Lelchego Company Limited a member of Kenya Dairy Farmers Federation is a dairy organization based in Mosoriot (Eldoret – Kapsabet road), Nandi County is advertising for a position of Quality Control Officer.
The successful applicant will be expected to perform and discharge the functions of this position as listed below. It may be necessary at times to perform other duties not listed in the job description for overall work of the organization to be affective and as may be assigned by the plant manager and or the Chairman.
1. To ensure that all milk received and sold by the plant satisfies the prescribed quality requirements of the Dairy plant and its customers.
2. To be in charge of all cooling plant and field quality operations and management, and will be an advisor to the Management Committee on milk quality issues.
3. Responsible for organization quality management; planning, mobilizing and organizing resources, leading the chilling plant quality team, controlling quality enhancing facilities and equipment, and coordinating and controlling quality issues.
4. To enhance Development and implementation of milk quality policy, strategies, work plan, budget for the organization including providing technical assistance and training of staff and farmers on milk quality issues.
5. Ensure Documentation of milk procurement and quality processes in Cherobu Milk chilling plant including preparation of periodic milk procurement and quality reports to be submitted to the board.
6. To Advice the chilling plant Manager, board members and milk collection clerks on milk quality issues and conduct farmer/ field visits on periodic basis or in case there are milk quality problems which need his/her attention.
7. To ensures maintenance of proper hygiene standards at the chilling plant and ensure the quality of milk in the coolers is not compromised. Conduct regular Milk testing as established by the chilling plant manager.
8. To Ensure Facilitation of budgeting and procurement of milk quality facilities and equipment for the company.
9. To be the Custodian of milk quality equipment for the company and proper handling of plant machinery in accordance with the defined operations and maintenance procedures.
10. To manage the maintenance and service calendar of the quality equipment and Liaise with chilling plant approved Technician to ensure that the equipment and facilities are in working condition.
11. Enhance Promotion of linkages and good public relations with the stakeholders especially farmers.
12. Ensure efficient transportation of milk to the processors without compromising on quality issues
13. Design and manage raw milk collection logistics right from the farmer to milk cooling plant.
14. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chilling Plant Manager or Board members.
15. Ensure that the plants’ operations and status are within the safeguards of the law, contract and market quality standards and ensure that all licenses for quality purposes are in place.
1. Holder of a diploma in dairy technology or related field with more than 3 years or certificate with more than seven years of experience
2. Milk Value addition experience will be an added advantage
If you are interested send your updated CV and copies of your academic certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line clearly marked Quality Control Officer so as to reach us on or before 17th April 2018.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL DOCUMENT FOR PROVISION OF EXTERNAL AUDIT SERVICES FOR PURPOSES OF AUDITING, PROVISION OF LEGAL SERVICES, PROVISION OF SECRETARIAL SERVICES(COMPANY SECRETARY) KDFF FOR THE YEAR ENDING 31ST DEC 2018.
For more information on the details and requirements click here